Sunday, December 27, 2009

I am Santa

I dressed up as Santa at work today (two days before Christmas).

At the market the other day I saw these Christmas hats and began thinking about how I actually do miss that silly season. I don't really miss the endless Christmas songs everytime I turn on the radio on the rather materialistic aspect of the festival that turns everything into a sale. But I miss the festive atmosphere, the smiles on everyone's faces, the attitude of giving and in general the feeling of "It's the end of the year and the beginning of a new one."

So I bought myself a Christmas hat and wore it to work the next day. Immediately my team members came up with the idea of the four of us wearing these hats at work, to give it more of a festive atmosphere. So we did. And it worked exactly as I wanted it to. Everyone that saw the four of us in those hats smiled. I'm pretty sure it really cheered up the entire office. And then our wonderful facilities manager came up with his own suggestion. He had a "Santa's beard" bought at some store, along with a bag of candy. He got me to dress up as Santa (with a Black coat instead of a Red one!) and I really got into the part as well. We walked to all the departments in the office shouting "Ho! Ho! Ho!" and "Merry Christmas!" and I gave everyone some candy! It was a lot of fun.

No comments: