Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Barbeque Nation

I've been salivating over this restaurant ever since I first heard of
it. Grilling is my favorite way to cook food. It's so raw and so
healthy and oh, so delicious. So when I heard of this restaurant where
you grill your own food, I couldn't wait to try it out. The only
person in the city who I could ask to come with me wasn't too keen on
it. And then the new colleagues at work showed up and we all made a
plan to hit up the place on Saturday.
It's a fixed-price place. They have five veggie and five non-veg
appetizers on the menu. These appetizers are then placed over a small
grill that's kept on your table. You can use a few marinades they give
you to coat them, and then a few dips for after the items are grilled.
Personally I would have liked more choices of marinades but it was
still fun to taste grilled vegetables after a long time.
After you have enough of the starters, you can move on to the main
course, but then again, those are good but not great dishes. Pretty
regular dishes. So it's better to just fill up on the starters because
they're so unique. Good service as well, so very little to complain.
One point I'd like to mention is that they were good with the water
service. I always rate how well a restaurant keeps my water glass
filled as being one of the most important things they can do. And this
place not only kept refilling the water regularly, they were filling
it with cold bottled water! Now that impressed me as hell.

2 comments:

Kiran said...

Oh brother! We are alike in more ways than we should be...not about the grilled food but about rating the service based on how well they refill your water.

uma ramadorai said...

that is freaky commonality...all the restaurants I love, Kiran hates because they dont fill water promptly.