Sunday, August 16, 2009

I'm waiting, in an airport

Right now, I'm standing at an internet kiosk in the Delhi airport, waiting to board a flight to Mauritius. The flight was delayed for technical reasons first by 100 mins and then by another hour, and as of now we're expected to leave about fours hours later than scheduled. We can only hope that's the right time of departure. 

Earlier, I was at a different kiosk with a super crappy keyboard that for some reason had keys mapped to odd spots. I couldn't find certain buttons and had to keep pressing all of them to figure out what key I was pressing. Then there was this creepy dude who was standing right by me and looking at my screen over my shoulder. At first I looked at him pointedly and he pretended to look away. A couple of mins later he was still looking at my screen and I asked him if he would like to move closer to read other peoples' emails. That got him away for a few mins. 

The airline offered us free breakfast, then free coffee. I think if this keeps up they'll have to arrange for free lunch. That is if the airline representative doesn't get lynched first by one of the many many irate honeymooning couples. It gladdens my heart to know that a lot of other marriages are off to a tepid start.

No comments: