Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Sick sick sick

God, I haven't felt this sick for this long in a while. Expert opinions seem to suggest that this is a combination of a heatstroke and food poisoning. I don't want to go into the nasty details but suffice to say that it had me looking up "hyperthermia" and "diarrhea" on Wikipedia to find out what was going on with my body. I couldn't sleep for more than a couple of hours at a stretch, but I was sleeping all day long. I woke up to take a shower but midway through ambling to the bathroom, I realized I wouldn't be able to make it and walked back to the bed and passed out.

I suppose one good thing was that for the first time in more than a decade I was with family when I fell terribly sick and so I could actually get some assistance when I needed it most. I haven't recovered yet but am slowly getting there.

No comments: