Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Breaking the news to the boss

The time had finally come for me to leave my company, atleast this office. I told my boss about my plans to go to the US. He said that he was expecting this and wasn't too upset. He requested that I stay till end of Feb if possible so that the new employee can come in and take over. Meanwhile he said that he'd talk to my local manager and inform him of the details. He also said he'd talk to the HR himself and advise me later, on when I should submit my resignation.
 
Man, it was super nerve-racking and I got all anxious before I walked in. My heart was beating so loud that I thought I would faint. I am trying to think of all the times I have felt this jittery/anxious before and a few interviews come to mind, and the time I met my girlfriend (now wife) in person the morning after having our first big heart-to-heart talk over the phone. But I don't think I ever had to psyche myself up to the level I had to today. Once I started though it was smooth and fact that he was sort of expecting this made it a little easier. It would have been perfect if he had assured me of a job over there but still, I suppose there is a limit to how many things can work in your favor in a given year.

No comments: