Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Things I "forgot"

Things that I "forgot": the wide open spaces, the fact that most people dress casual (maybe that's just an Austin thing), the polite customer service, the fact that the cashier gives you back your change down to the last penny, TV shows are actually live and you don't have to watch them by illegally downloading them, for that matter that Hulu is not blocked, you have to clean up after yourself since there are no maids, how the radar map on ForecastFox is specific to the state rather than the entire country, how I don't need socket adapters for my electronic appliances, the joy of washing machines and dryers that gives you clothes that are ready to wear.

But perhaps the biggest of them all - I forgot how quiet it is all day long. Entirely too spooky.

No comments: