Thursday, February 19, 2009

Cooking Pasta

You know how they say you can "get everthing in India these days"? It is rather true. But it's interesting how that plays out.

At home I saw a bunch of Pasta shells in a box. Somehow my parents saw these in a store and felt they should buy them without knowing exactly what it was. So I thought I'd make pasta for them. Went out in search of the sauce and some veggies. In grocery stores here, there is a small foreign foods section, although it's not named as such. I couldn't find the sauce at first. But my intuition/common sense kept telling me that I would find the sauce there. So I kept looking and there it was hidden between two bottles of schezwan sauce. Actually I was quite impressed by the selection of international condiments and food items they had there.

The pasta itself didn't turn out that good. There were a few reasons but it didn't matter. My parents were too nice to criticize the food and just ate it. We even got some olive oil and bread to complete the Italian experience but it wasn't as good as we expected. The bread was too sweet (milk bread!) That's the last of Italian food we'll be having I guess.

No comments: