Sunday, February 22, 2009

It certainly isn't a shampoo bottle anymore

Congrats Kate. What a great actress. I'm actually rooting for her to break Meryl Streep's record. Good job.

Also, not to sound too gossipy but (who am I kidding, the Oscars are the best subject to the gossipy about!) I can't believe Sean Penn mentioned Mickey Rourke but forgot his wife! The camera even cut to her in the middle of his speech and that only made me feel sorrier for her. I love Robin Wright Penn.

Wasn't the directing oscar presented way earlier than it was supposed to be? And I'm sorry, who was the host again? I couldn't tell.

All that was to say that I did get to watch the Oscars against all odds. What odds? For one I was on a bus an hour before they started. I came to Pune just in time to catch the Oscars. Heck I even watched the Red Carpet arrivals.

Earlier on Sony Pix I caught a show called "Chicks on Flicks", basically a couple of girls reviewing movies. This one in particular was an Oscar special and they were presenting all the best picture nominees. I just want to say for the record that I will never be caught dead watching girls analyzing movies or sports. Atleast till someone truly blows me away with their insight into either of those fields. And "Chicks on Flicks" didn't do it for me.

No comments: