Monday, June 22, 2009

Another picture post

A Denver Nuggets jersey that I saw in Manali. It didn't have any player's name or number. Just this jersey sitting there in a random story. I don't even know where to begin asking questions here - is there a market for this? Who is buying this stuff?





Similarly, this kid with a Patriots cap. This is the kid who delivers our lunch dabbas and he's a cute kid and smiles a lot and we all like him. Till the day he showed up wearing this cap! I wanted to tell him all about Bill Belicheat and Tom Brady abandoning his pregnant girlfriend and the rich tradion of the dirty players on the Patriots roster but I figured he couldn't care less.



This was printed at the entrance of an ATM in Manali. Read carefully. For "cast with drawls". Really? That's not freaky? I take my cash out of the ATM and it says to me "Y'aaawwll doin' OK?"







This was inside another ATM. These are instruction on spotting genuine notes, and they're printed in English and Hindi. Except, they used a Rs. 1000 note for the English instructions and a Rs. 500 note for the Hindi ones! There's a go-to joke here - that it's because the Hindi-speaking folks are never going to see a Rs. 1000 note and so they don't need to know how to spot a fake one. But I'm not going there. That's just wrong!



It's kinda hard to see in this picture because I shot it with my cell and couldn't focus very well but this is a cell phone sold in India. The number pad has English letters (Latin) as well as Hindi (Devnagri) ones! So you can basically store numbers in Hindi. That's pretty nifty.

No comments: