Thursday, June 4, 2009

A follow up on an earlier incident

You might remember this previous entry from my blog from when I was in
Pune, about a kid who wanted to shine my shoes (chappals) for Rs. 2.

http://thedevilwentdowntopune.blogspot.com/2009/03/my-own-deewar-moment.html

Basically toward the end of the polish he said he was trying to get
started with his own shoe box and wanted Rs. 180 for that. I thought
it might be an elaborate con and I didn't bite. Well get this. Turns
out another friend of mine who was in Mumbai/Pune had the exact same
thing happen to him.

http://vibhablog.wordpress.com/2009/06/04/child-labor-or-dignity/

Now I feel bad because he has an entirely different take on the
incident but I'm now more convinced than ever that this was a scam.
Man, I lost a little bit more of my faith in mankind today.

2 comments:

Ramdas said...

Kalyan, interesting coincidence!

BTW, you addressed the comment in your other blog to "Ramu". The post was actually from a friend of mine (Muthu). I'm just another author on the blog.

"Ramu" a.k.a Ramdas

ps: Posting here since I didnt want to PM the wrong Kalyan :)

srujana said...

Wow!! Would have never guessed but I can see it happening! Sad, isn't it!