Friday, February 19, 2010

The "lame duck" phase starts

Six more days to go in this office and it shows. I have no projects on my table right now. The only thing I'm expected to do from now till I leave is train the new guy and maybe some administrative stuff. Today in particular I sat around doing nothing. It really sucks. I fully understood the meaning of the term "lame duck". You're no longer an integral cog of the machine, the machine just goes on functioning without you - hell, you're transferring the duties to the newer cogs. Well I just hope to keep my dignity intact these last few days and make it out on a positive note.

1 comment:

uma ramadorai said...

A watchout from my experience: If you try to suggest or get any improvements implemented in the way things are done, you will be looked at and treated as an evil person who really doesnt care about the job but is trying to add work for others! and they dont care about your feelings anymore anyway :D