Tuesday, January 20, 2009

"The jump rope" and other short stories

The jump rope has been great for me. It started out as a (excuse the language) pissing contest of sorts between friends. To see who can jump the longest without tripping or stopping. Now that's still a motivator but in general, jumping rope has become my default cardio. The record to beat is at 350, and I'm at 210. I'm not tripping at the end, my legs just hurt too much and I have to stop. I suppose more stretching or more protein in my diet should do the trick.

But I'm enjoying it a lot as of now. For example, as of today morning, it's been 24 hours since I've used it and I miss it terribly. I didn't jump Monday night and Tuesday morning because my legs experienced a delayed soreness from Saturday's games. But now I suddenly feel the urge to just jump.

Also, all the jumping from last week helped me out a lot during the cricket matches. Everyone was sore or hurting from the games. I was not only fine, I even went shopping on MG road on Sunday. But for the soccer tournament in three weeks I don't think I can rely on just jumping to give me the required stamina. Let's see.

Some craziness from the cricket match:
  1. The fights that kept erupting. They all involved the same few players. It's sad when I feel like the voice of reason and I have to talk sense to people. "Any kind of growth really irritates me". 
  2. They had drinks for the players, but these included Pepsi and Mountain Dew. Who drinks carbonated drinks while playing? Especially caffeinated drinks? No wonder a bunch of people were cramping up toward the end of the day. Luckily it was winter and not as hot. Do that in the summer and we'll be carrying away people on stretchers with IV drips.

No comments: