Sunday, January 4, 2009

The shortest period of happiness associated with a certain event

I woke up early Saturday morning to go play cricket. When I turned on the computer, one of the first bits of news I read was that Peyton Manning won the MVP, his third. It was a terrific start to the weekend. I was so excited, I fished out my Colts cap and wore it all day long, even at night. That meant that I was driving without a helmet and getting beaten up by the dusty roads but I didn't care. I was a happy Manning fan and I wanted to show it. He deserved to win, and I couldn't have been happier that he won it with a wide margin.

Then of course Sunday came, and since I wasn't at my apt, I had to wait till 10am to check the score of the Indy/SD playoff game and I saw they were in OT. I thought, OK, they can still pull it off. But they lost as a result of a drive by Phillip Rivers. Insanity. Ruined my Sunday. I couldn't even look at the Colts hat after that.

Oh well, there's always next year.

No comments: