Thursday, January 15, 2009

Lingering weirdness

As I walked through the MG road area in Pune yesterday, I walked into a small strip mall-type area. There were a lot of stores here that were selling lingerie. Now I've grown used to seeing fancy lingerie being sold in stores here and this isn't a post about the decline of Indian culture. However this one store in particular had in its display case, a few frocks for little girls sitting right next to some lingerie. (And no, before you ask, it wasn't some sort of catholic school girl outfit or just some really small lingerie that I was mistaking for little girls' clothes!)

That was just creepy. I am trying hard not to imagine scenarios in which someone would walk into that store to buy the little girls' clothes or worse, buy both.

No comments: