Monday, April 27, 2009

Converting a house to a home

This weekend I spent doing odd jobs for the apt. It was remarkably fun. The apartment when I first saw it, was missing a lock on my room, which I felt was needed because I was going to have a laptop etc in there. So the agent installed a lock and got a curtain installed as well. After I moved in, I realized other things needed to get done. The fan didn't have a regulator, so it either got too hot or too noisy. So I bought and installed a regulator. But before that I had to shut down the main switch for the apt, and I didn't know which switch in the junction box controlled out apt.So I kept turning off each switch till the lights in our apt went out. (Did the other people on the floor get pissed? How should I know?) But yeah, I'm happy to say I installed it and it works like it should.

I also fixed a latch for the window to prop it open. For all the heat during the daytime it gets cool really fast in the evenings and I'd like to let some of that breeze in. I got the agent to send me some furniture on a rental basis and a TV. I got a a soap dish that I fix to the wall, so that was cool.

I really liked enjoyed this process. Should keep me busy for a while and stave off the inevitable boredom that'll creep in from not having many/any people I can become friends with. Oh well, with my Internet and cable TV with nonstop Punjabi pop, I am set :)


No comments: