Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Smell you later

(Warning: This entry might qualify for TMI: Too Much Information)
I'm sweat a lot. In school one day, during the morning assembly, I was sweating so much, a teacher thought I was about to faint or something and made me stand in the shade. Very cool (pun intended).

As I grew older, and by that I mean when I came to the US, my sweet sweet BO which was till then unremarkable, became noticeable to the people around me. So they introduced me to the concept of a deodorant. My roomie even picked one for me. I've been a great fan since and till I left the US, I was even a bit of a BO snob, turning down my nose at the FOBs who didn't use deo.

It was fine for a while in India too, till the stick I was using ran out. Boy, I forgot how bad I stink! It was made worse by the Hyd heat. I tried a zillions malls, couldn't find a decent stick. All they had were so called "deo sprays" and roll-ons. Even though I didn't trust them, I tried them and I was right. They didn't work beyond 30 mins after my shower.

And now, of all the places, I found one in this podunk city of Panchkula, in what I thought was going to be a minor store. Amazing, my brand too and everything. And just as I was about to begin my new job.

Let's pray I end up smelling like a million bucks.

No comments: