Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I think I've died and gone to hell

As days go, yesterday was one of the worst. It started with the oily parathas I had for breakfast. Way too oily. Setting up the theme for the day was the excessive heat outside, in excess of 110F. Oily food and heat don't go together, FYI.

Dehydration and more oily food for lunch led to a bad stomach ache. Added to that, my manager decided to be extra annoying. We had some work handed down to our team and he insisted on "delegating" and "discussing" (At one point he asked that we meet daily for 30 mins to discuss progress! Every day???) which gave me a big headache. The office picked some cheap chairs and till I picked a good chair (one that wasn't leaning to a side) I had a backache. Oh and I had some squats the day before so my legs were sore. Just think of a body part and it was hurting.

I went home in that condition at 7pm expecting to get some rest but the room was way too hot. I made the mistake of leaving my windows open and my curtains drawn and that ended up heating up the room. On top of that I was supposed to get my internet connection yesterday and after too many phone calls, I learn it would take another day. The light in my storeroom stopped working and that meant I couldn't get to my clothes.

I swear, I considered just quitting the job and leaving for Hyderabad at one point, I was that miserable. However after some thinking I decided to just hammer all these problems into submission. Starting with buying an air cooler, or even an air conditioning unit for my room.

No comments: