Sunday, April 26, 2009

The new apartment

I moved into my new apt on Thu. My company was gracious enough to give me unlimited stay at the hotel but I knew it wasn't entirely unlimited - I couldn't stay there for three months. So I just picked Thursday night as the first night I'd sleep in the apt. It's small, it's just a bedroom and a bathroom, with an adjacent "storage room" that's exactly as wide as my suitcase!

But it has its advantages. It's about 150 meters from work. I got cable as soon as I moved in and should be getting internet in about 2 days. We have a maid who cleans the floors and washes clothes. So that's cool. And I even found a guy to deliver food for all three meals.

Shopping's a minor inconvenience since the area around the apt doesn't have a lot of variety, but just a short 10 min walk away, we have the Manimajra part of Chandigarh  which has a nice shopping district. (In case I didn't mention it yet, I live in a city called Panchkula, which is in Haryana, but is part of a "tri-city" area along with Chandigarh and Mohali, which is in Punjab.) I spent Sat night in that area, shopping for slippers and having dinner. I think I'll enjoy living here.

No comments: