Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A few pictures

This is the exhaust fan at my office. Since this is a very new building, most of the fixtures weren't ready by the time we had moved in. Things like desks, lunch tables and exhaust fans for the bathrooms were placed on a "per request" basis. And I was begging them for an exhaust fan by the time it arrived. Only, the genius who installed it, forgot to remove the glass pane in front of it! So we have a fan that just recirculates the wonderful aroma of the bathroom. I guess this is much better than the bathroom downstairs which didn't have an exhaust fan either, except their bathroom could only be accessed through the kitchen! So not only could neither room be used comfortably the other was occupied, after using the bathroom, the odors had only the kitchen to escape to. Just a very pleasant dining experience for everyone.

This is the adapter for my wireless router. I left it turned on all day long as I went to work and in the Chandigarh heat it melted. But best part of all is that it still works. I just have to be careful not to leave it turned on again or I might not have an apartment to go back to.

This is a carpet I saw being sold on the street here. In case you don't recognize that logo, that's the logo of the University of Alabama Crimson Tide. Either there is a huge demand for Crimson Tide memorabilia from a hidden population of Crimson Tide alumni here, or the tendency to steal logos and print them on random items has gone a step too far. I mean, I can understand finding Yankees and Bulls hats here, but this is too much!

Sometimes, when I go into an anti-North Indian rant, people look at me like I'm a bigot. I'm really not, I don't hate all North Indians without discrimination. I pick and choose the ones to hate. Like the guy who made this sign. He clearly thinks that South India and China are neighboring countries of India. Thank you so much for helping me make my point. (In case anyone is wondering - Yes, we do have signs that advertise North Indian food in the South, but those restaurants don't contrast that with South Indian food by calling it "Indian food".)

1 comment:

Kiran said...

Love the exhaust fan! You guys should hire him to be your manager