Thursday, December 18, 2008

Eliminating costs

I was privy to a conversation involving hiring a large hall. The
conversation was in Telugu but I'll translate into English, atleast
the way I heard it.

"... so are the A/C costs much higher for this hall since it's bigger
than the other hall?"
"No sir, actually A/C doesn't factor much into the electricity bill.
Your eliminating costs will run much higher."

(At this point I assumed this perhaps meant pushing the hot air out of
the room being more expensive than cooling the air being sent it. That
didn't make any sense. I also hoped this didn't mean rubbing out some
people. The conversation continued ...)

"Really? The elimination costs are that high?"
"Yes sir, the wiring alone costs half the the total. And then when you
factor in all those bulbs. Why, just yesterday we had to buy some 20
bulbs to eliminate the rear part of the hall".

A bulb went off in my head and I felt better when I realized they were
talking about ILLUMINATING the hall.

No comments: