Saturday, December 27, 2008

A scary dream

I dreamed that Priyanka Gandhi, Sonia Gandhi's daughter, became the PM of the country. I was at her inauguration where she had Jayalalitha on one side as her lawyer and best friend and Mayawati on her other side as her personal bodyguard. Everyone was celebrating her victory except me. I was sitting in a corner of the big dinner table and sulking and finally when I couldn't stand it anymore I threw away my dinner thali bringing everything to sudden silence. Everyone is staring at me and Laloo Prasad Yadav asks me, in English, "Kalyan, what is the matter with you? Why are you insulting our sister during a joyous time like this?" And I reply, "Joyous? For whom? This our great nation, built with the blood sweat and tears of our fathers. And I have to see its greatness lowered and see our heritage degraded by this half-Italian mongrel?"

Immediately I hear the patter of feet at Priyanka quickly shuffles down the dinner table and suddenly lops my head off with a sword. She slowly turns to the rest of the country, picks up my head, and says in Hindi "Just so you understand how serious I am, I will say this in Hindi. As your leader, I encourage all of you to question, in a respectful way, any decisions I make. And I swear this to you right now, no topic will ever be off-limits. Except the one that was just under discussion. The penalty that you pay for mentioning my Italian ancestry in a negative fashion will be that I will collect your freakin' head. Now ... is anything else ANY OF YOU WANTS TO SAY? ... I didn't think so."

No comments: