Thursday, December 11, 2008

Tamil Movie and Marital revelations

On Saturday I went to watch a Tamil movie with some colleagues. It was a nice opportunity to bond with another group of folks at work, and also to establish some of my Tamil cred. Even though I'd mentioned to a few people that I speak Tamil, going to the movie showed that I was kidding.

The movie, "Vaaranam Aayiram", was an OK movie. The biggest strength was the acting by Surya, who's really establishing himself as a top actor.

That evening I learned that atleast one of my colleagues had a marriage to a cousin. (I thought another colleague had the same thing happen to him, but now I'm not so sure anymore.) I knew marrying a first cousin happened, but I didn't know it still happened these days, especially not among IIT/IISc educated people. I bet some of my non-South Indian friends are barfing right now.

No comments: