Sunday, October 26, 2008

Another one McBites the McDust

It's a big week for the franchise restaurants. After Domino's, it was the turn of McDonald's. It me quite some time after McD came to India but I finally did it.

There's this big multiplex near my place and that's a very "happening" place. Young people hang out there. There's a pool table and a bunch of restaurants. This is the same multiplex that had the Subway too.
This multiplex is becoming a regular coffee shop-esque place for me. I take a book and chill there for a few hours while watching people.

At the McD's I ordered the "McVeggie". The patty looked so much like a breaded-chicken patty that I had to ask them if they were sure this was a veggie sandwich. It was basically a vegetable cutlet in a sandwich. Honestly, I prefer the Burger King Veggie Whopper that doesn't even have a patty in it but this wasn't terrible. This McC also had a value menu, with Rs. 10 ice cream cones etc. They don't give you the cup for soda and ask you to fill it yourself, obviously that can lead to misuse in India. At the same time they didn't fill up the cup with ice either. That would have brought some furious complaints from the customers.

2 comments:

Kiran said...

You have a lot of nerve admitting to this! I consider this analogous to taking an economy seat in Lufthansa, when there's Premium seat available on Emirates. For lesser money!

Kalyan said...

I dunno what it is but I love the veggie whopper. The buns are soft, I like the sesame seeds. The mayo is one of the only places I actually like mayo and the veggies are usually freshly cut. Put some ketchup and mustard in it and it's awesome.

Here the cutlet on the inside was a little bit off and in general the sandwich was not great. If I was a meat-eater, I think I'd camp out in BK and dump McD. (There's a free endorsement for you BK. Now send me my certificate for lifelong free Whoppers!)