Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Super Bowl of Cricket

If you go by hype and expectations, the India-Australia series is clearly the Super Bowl of Cricket. The two teams bring out the best in each other and there is a lot of bad blood to go with it. The best comparison is the Red River Rivalry. Texas and A&M is passe, just like India-Pak. Texas-OU is the new big thing, just like India-Aus.

Unless I screwed up really bad in setting up my satellite dish selections, I should be able to watch the two full days of the match on Saturday and Sunday. And if I get really lucky, get a viewing of Texas beating up OU Sat night.

I've found it really ironic that when in 2007 I was finally in India during the World Cup, the World Cup itself was being held in West Indies - so we had to stay up late to watch the matches anyway. Similarly, now that the Ind-Aus matches are happening in my time zone, I will be at work and not able to watch as much action as I'd like. But I do suppose I'll atleast get to watch the score live. My prediction, India wins the series 4-1.

No comments: