Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The dust, it's everywhere

So I'm now driving with a helmet on, so my face/head is well-protected from the dust. At first I used to arrive at work tasting a lot of Pune's soil on my lips and finding dust falling from my face if I tried to pass my hand over it. Now it's much better. Now I notice my hands. I can't even step out (meaning drive 1 kilometer) for lunch without finding my hands covered in dust and soot. I have to wash my hands each time I step outside since I am usually munching on something at work. (I'm eating almost nothing for breakfast and dinner, so it's OK.)

It's particularly hard in restaurants, especially the smaller ones. You see, most of them do have washbasins, but not all of them have liquid soaps. Some put out a bar of soap, but when you go to wash your hands, these pieces of soap look so dirty that I wonder if the soap is cleaning me or if I'm actually cleaning the soap. So I have to make do with scrubbing on my own. It's more noticable on my nails. They look really dirty sometimes. So I figured I'd keep my nails really short.

Next it's the apt itself. I was in Hyd for the weekend and when I came back the apt was dusty already. I initially figured I'd get a maid, or atleast sweep on my own every weekend. But even that might not be enough. I am accumulating cleaning supplies slowly. I might need a second broom.

But the overall apt is getting into a decent shape and I'm glad about that.

1 comment:

srujana said...

may be this should help you not to eat your nails and fingers:) Ohh....I've to say I'm happy to be here!