Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Just avoided getting a ticket

It was partly my fault. Well entirely my fault.

I went to check out an electronics store on my way back from work. I wanted to see if they had an electric stove so I could start cooking. They didn't. The store was on the other side of the highway and while I used a car as a cover while crossing over to the other side, I didn't have that luxury while driving back. So I decided to just drive on the wrong side of the road. This is relatively common and there were a couple of drivers who were doing the same. The plan was to switch to the correct side after I got to the big intersection ahead.

As I reached the intersection, my side of the road (shoulder in particular) had a bunch of lorries parked there. So I kept weaving in and out of them. Suddenly through gaps between the lorries I saw a bunch of motorist talking to cops!! They were getting pulled over for jumping the red light or going the wrong way or something. Basically the police presence has increased because of the Commonwealth Youth Games in the city. So they were cracking down on bad driving. I was saved because of the lorries! So I immediately got off my scooter, turned off the engine and started pushing my scooter as I got out of the lorry maze! The cops didn't bother me. I gave the other drivers my best sympathetic gaze as I crossed the intersection, got on my bike and drove off.

I hope my luck has turned with respect to getting tickets!

No comments: