Friday, October 31, 2008

Streets of Pune, Maharashtra

I was muddied and dirtied I couldn't tell
from which street
Why do these lips of mine taste just like feet
I saw my reflection in sasha's mirror I didn't know my own face
Oh helmet are you gonna leave me with bad hair
On the streets of Pune, Maharashtra

I walked on DP Road, till my whites turned brown
I heard a shopkeeper who wouldn't keep his voice down
At night I could hear them shout some more
the couple who wouldn't close their front door
on the streets of Pune, Maharashtra

Ain't no protein to nourish me,
It's just rice and chapati my friend.
my clothes don't fit me no more
I tried a thousand restaurants
just to get some fibre

The night has fallen, I can't fall asleep
I can feel the oily curry burning deep
so pray for me brother so there's no power cut
as I waste away here, bored to death
on the streets of Pune, Maharashtra

1 comment:

Kiran said...

Whoa! Thats a very grim picture. This mud-on-lips phenomenon is very intriguing. Did we not have this problem before or did we just not notice it earlier ?