Thursday, October 2, 2008

Happy Birthday Gandhiji

It's Oct 2nd, a national holiday. I took advantage of the fact that it's on a Thursday and took Friday off to get a four-day weekend. I'm writing from Hyderabad. An annual tradition in India is to watch the movie "Gandhi". Today I'm watching it in Telugu.
 
I took a bus to come here since the train gets booked pretty fast. Even the bus cost me a decent amount since it is sort of peak season. What was worse that the bus was late. Which in itself is not a big deal here but being as I am new, I was panicking pretty fast. At first I thought the travel agency runs a scam. Then I thought it was a mini scamby one of the employees of the agency. Eventually the bus did show up and I managed to get on it. The bus was comfortable too. The seats recline almost all the way back. They gave out blankets and water bottles. I managed to pass out pretty quickly and didn't wake up till we entered the city limits of Hyderabad.
 
Today's a big day. One of my friends is getting engaged today. I haven't seen him in over five years. And one of my best friends who got married last year invited me to his place. It's a big occasion, meeting the spouse and eating at his place.
 

No comments: