Saturday, October 11, 2008

God, beer me some strength!

Minor glitches but totally ruined my weekend.

I had it all planned out. A haircut, cleaning my apt, setting up my Internet, applying for a "wireless landline", all centered around watching cricket at home. Well, apparently I don't get cricket on the channel I thought I'd get, I suddenly have a payment I have to make for my cable TV and the phone office is closed! Oh and I am getting a small electric shock when I try to turn on my tap during certain times of the day. Aargh. I lost all motivation to do the rest. So I just came home to watch a few episodes of TV shows - Office, Heroes etc.

On the bright side I do have Internet at home, although it's slower than I'd imagined. (My educated guess is that it's because I'm using Vista instead of XP) No worries, I can check my email and read the news in the morning, so that's good. I did get Skype, so if you are already on Skype, please add me. There's always Google Talk as well.

Ok, time to finish watching "TV" and then head out to shop for an armchair and a more solid bed than the one I have right now. What the hell, we're down four wickets, no point watching anyway.

No comments: