Friday, September 26, 2008

Gulab Jamun and Paan

We had a visitor from the Houston centre at work and he wanted to present a few ideas on the direction of the group.

(I work in a team of four engineers, who in turn work for a group called Baroid, which is one of the many groups (PSLs) in the company.)

So anyway, we had a big group meeting. And you know how in the US you have either doughnuts or pizza for meetings like that. We had Gulab Jamun at this meeting! I couldn't stop smiling. A very nice touch.

For lunch I've been eating out of the delivered lunch boxes that we get. Thing is, they've been getting unreliable - they don't always arrive in boxes, the sometimes come in bigger containers that we have to serve ourselves out of and they were late one day which just isn't acceptable. So the canceled the boxes ("dabbas"). I found out from a colleague about nearby lunch options and he took me on a walk to a couple of places. It was a pretty decent meal for less. I even had egg after a long time. As we were waiting for the others to finish, I spied a Paan shop close by. I just couldn't resist it. Paan after lunch at work! So I had one made - boy, did he put a lot of effort into making a good paan! - and chewed it on the way back to work.

There's a "naturopathy" treatment centre there. They offer lunch/dinner as well. Am I going to be trying out that place? You bet!

No comments: