Monday, September 8, 2008

I hate European airlines

Why should I pay $2000 to be treated like a second-class citizen by some random racist European on a power trip? If I'm going to pay less, I'd rather get treated like crap by Indians (Air India). Or I'm just going to spring for Emirates.

Right off the bat, they made me comfortable. At the airport their representative helped me with the re-ordering of my stuff so that it complies with the luggage requirements of the airlines. She even gave me a bag to hold the excess luggage which I was told to carry in hand to avoid any hassle while boarding. And the aircraft it was totally classy, not to mention half-empty so it was a really comfortable flight. Too comfortable - I kept watching the shows and movies and didn't get enough sleep and so kept passing out while talking to my parents after arrival! The aircraft even had "stars" in the ceiling after they turned out the lights. They handed out toys and coloring books to the kids. Indeed, it was such that I didn't actually want to disembark after the flight landed.

Their movie selection included Yogi! And I got to watch the "Cougar" episode from "How I met your mother".

The Dubai airport was lousy though. It's technically non-smoking but you could smell smoke everywhere. People were passed out near the chairs or grouped up according to various ethnicities. There was a group of Asian Muslims (I assumed they were Indonesian) that slowly gathered adjacent to where I saw reading my newspaper and before I knew it they were passed out all around me! I had to pick up my carry-on bag and walk carefully so I avoid stepping on any of them.

2 comments:

Kiran said...

I think the crew on Lufthansa should be strapped to the economy seats on Lufthansa airlines and sent on a 56 hour journey during which they are serviced by a different batch of Lufthansa crew!

Ahh! Such happiness... it all starts with the the spraying of the "pesticides"!

Kalyan said...

Haha, Kiran, I love you man!

But for the sake of full disclosure, the pesticides were sprayed on the Dubai-Hyderabad leg too. I'm going to take that as Hyderabad being wary of Dubai germs, and hence a good thing!