Saturday, September 13, 2008

It's not just a piece of cardboard

Done with packing and I'm off to Pune pretty early in the morning. Wish me luck.

It's the day of the immersion of Ganesh statues. Should make for a very tense morning on the way to the airport over in Hyderabad, and while not as tense, still a pretty long journey from the airport in Pune. I'd wanted to see the Ganesh festival in Pune, I guess I'll have to satisfy myself with glimpses of the statues on their way to being immersed. 

Mom has to help pack, even now. The "has" refers to her desire and my unwillingness to argue with her. I got a nice gift from Srujana, a small poster from Godfather - it's a shot of Bonasera as he's leaning into make a very harsh request of the Don. As mom was packing my stuff she sees this and asks me - "What is this? Is this just a piece of cardboard, can I throw it away?" My eyes popped out of their socket. "Mom, that's not just any piece of cardboard!"

Once I get to Pune I hope to upload some awesome pictures. For now I'm signing off from Hyderabad. Next time you hear from me, I'll probably be brainwashed by the MNS. Rajesh, I'll either end up hating you with all my heart, or the opposite, very soon. 

No comments: