Monday, September 29, 2008

Ridin' dirty

A little glimpse at my road experiences so far.





















This is what I looked like the first few days I went to work. Protection for my hair, eyes and nose/mouth.
And this is me with my helmet. Better or worse? Frankly the helmet gets the edge because in addition to protecting my skull, it actually doesn't mess up my hair too much.
This is my scooter.

Awaiting real license plates. (If I name my scooter Sasha and no one gets the reference, is it still funny?
This is an extremely common sight on the roads here. Women cover their faces almost completely, and in some cases even wear shades to protect their eyes while on the road. It's not limited to drivers or even passengers of two wheelers. Even pedestrians and bus passengers do this. In case I haven't mentioned it before, the non-nose/mouth covering is to protect their hair. And that's a sign that women are beginning to put effort into how they look. A good sign.

3 comments:

Kiran said...

http://www.wikihow.com/Be-Like-Jd-from-Scrubs

srujana said...

Now that you've been there for almost a month, any stomach bugs? I'm having those issues lately, so thought of asking you!

Kalyan said...

Surprisingly enough, no. I've been eating out daily since I came to Pune and even drinking the local water unless it's from a really dirty-looking container. Even the normal indigestion I used to associate with eating oily, spicy food is gone since that describes almost all the food I eat.