Monday, September 22, 2008

A new flat and new phone

I'm not the proud new renter of a flat (apartment). Today was my first day to work from the new place. Turns out there is a bus that takes me right from where I live to where I work (except for a about a 5 min walk at each end). I'm guessing the return journey won't as simple. But if I can figure out a way to do my commute for less than Rs 100 each day, I'll be good. Preferably closer to about Rs. 30.

The area is called Wadgaon Sheri. The area that I work is close to the station. I just tell the autowallah (or Rick as they're called here) to take me to Hotel Le Meridian, which is a big hotel adjacent to work. The road off the highway that leads to my apt is called "Pani Ke Tanki kaa road" (The Road of the Water Tanks). The name comes from the giant water tanks that are on the street. It's kinda hard to be certain right now, because I just moved in, but I think I live in those white Buildings in the middle of this image.

I also have a cell phone number. It's been active for a while but I had a few problems with it, so I was waiting to give it out. The number is Nine Zero One One Eight Five Six Eight Eight Three. So to dial from the US you'll be dialing 9190118... etc.

No comments: