Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Jhumpa Lahiri at the coffee shop

This weekend when I went to the coffee shop with my friend, I took a copy of "Unaccustomed Earth" with me. It was a pirated copy I'd picked up on the side of the road. I had decided that I was going to do some shopping for some paperbacks and DVDs to keep me entertained during the weekends and there are a lot of places to do this type of shopping. I found the entire Rocky anthology on a DVD and a bunch of Telugu movies as well. I was going to buy "White Tiger" too but I have decided I'm going to hate on it till someone tells me otherwise. I did buy Lahiri's book though since I've been meaning to buy it for some time now.

The book was supposed to be an excuse to sit there while I did some people watching. But as I started reading it, I was completely swept up by the writing. She's really got a way with words. I couldn't take my eyes off the book for an hour and was basically in a trance. Great book, highly recommended.

No comments: