Thursday, November 20, 2008

Tar heels - the IIT flashback

After dinner yesterday I saw a bunch of road laying equipment on the
road near my apt. I was super thrilled that they were improving the
roads here. As I was driving by the tar mixer I felt a sudden burst of
small pain on my ankle and I had to veer off the road. Turns out the
tar was being sprayed on the road and a stray spray went in my
direction. My left leg took the most of it. My right leg got a little
on the heel. Tar on the heels.

At first I was mostly annoyed that Sasha got sprayed on and that I
would have to scrub my skin to get the tar off. But when I went home
and started the scrubbing I realized that the skin was coming off
under the tar. Not much but enough that a few minutes later it HURT
LIKE HELL. It was only a small strip, about a few mm wide and about 10
such drops, but it hurt.

The last time I got burnt that bad was in IIT when a careless
classmate in the smithy workshop took a piece of metal out of the
flame and grazed my skin with it. And that just reinforced this whole
feeling I've been having about the Pune stay being an IIT flashback.
Almost everything I'm doing here feels like I've done it back when I
went to IIT first. Bizarre.

No comments: