Monday, November 24, 2008

The toughest sports quiz ever!

On the Tamil DD network, I see this dial-in sports quiz program once
in a while. It's gotta be the toughest sports ever made. The questions
on the show are all over the board, cover cricket, soccer, Olympics,
racing etc. When I say soccer I mean leagues from various countries,
players etc. Maybe it's because I was never into soccer but I wonder
how many Indian are aware of what the guy is asking.

This is a typical quiz -
http://sportsquizzard.blogspot.com/2008/02/dd-podhigai-bsnl-sports-quiz-16022008.html

It's just amazing that this guy is so on top of his game (no pun
intended). And embarrassing that sports is one thing I think I'm good
at, but I realize that it's restricted to American sports.

The anchor has a very funny style. He borders on arrogance but really
is just impatient. He takes calls from the viewers and when they're
wrong, he waves them off with a wave of his hand. He acknowledges the
hard questions and is genuinely amazed when someone answers them. All
with a squint and a smile. I mean, you never see his eyes! Good show.
I'll watch more of it, if only to improve my knowledge of world
sports.

No comments: